Saturday, March 1, 2014

1.4 The Gift


The evening Olivia came home, Lisa set Conor and Kathryn down to have a talk. She tried to get the words out but she didn't know how to start.
Lisa: So I wanted to sit you both down to let you know... You all know I've been at my job for a while and... I got a raise.
Conor and Kathryn both cheered.
Kathryn: Congrats hun
Conor: Whoooooo I'm happy for you
Lisa: Thank you both, I really appreciate it, all the extra hours I work.


Lisa: I also wanted to say, that since I got a raise, that I also got you guys a little something
Kathryn had tears in her eyes.
Lisa: Go upstairs


As Kathryn and Conor enter the room, Kathryn broke down, instead of seeing Olivia on the bottom bunk with  pillows all around her, there was a beautiful crib. Kathryn was wonderfully speechless.


Kathryn was so happy she was crying. Conor pulled a trembling Kathryn to the bed, to try to calm her down.


Conor held her in his arms till she fell asleep.


All the meanwhile Echo was downstairs giving birth to two beautiful kittens.

5 comments:

  1. Aw, kitties :3
    So nice of Lisa to buy the crib for Kathryn and Conor (I'm used to spelling that with 2 n's. Ah!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! How sweet of Lisa to buy a crib for her niece! Had she been thinking about that for a while?

    And yay for kitties!

    ReplyDelete
  3. KITTIIEESSS! :D That explains the laziness and hunger, then!

    How sweet buying them a crib! They really did kinda need one, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how your chapters are short, sweet and to the point lol makes it a cinch to catch up. It was so nice of Lisa to get the crib for the baby. Awww kittens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love kittens, so Echo had to have some so I can play with them. Plus Echo is an indoor/outdoor kitty that isnt fixed, so who knows what trouble she may get herself into.

    ReplyDelete